Thursday 16 July 2009

Birching Frame


This is an authentic birching frame rescued from a house of correction and now in use at the 'House of Correction' in Sussex.




What I love are the birches that will be used on you if you dare venture onto the device.
I feel compelled to say that if I were to be strapped to an authentic birching frame, a device used for real reformatory birchings, that I would have to ask for an authentic reformatory birching. Anything less than a proper judicial birching seems to be a waste of the experience... Don't you think so ?

2 comments:

  1. It looks too flimsy. The sub could easily or even lift the thing off the floor

    ReplyDelete
  2. Mistress Switch - I would be so pleased if you could restrain me and birch me so hard that I could still lift myself off the floor - are you up for it? A serious request, Martin

    ReplyDelete